Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release on 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray David Yates’ film Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018), starring Eddie Redmayne, Johnny Depp, Ezra Miller, Jude Law, and Katherine Waterston. The two releases will be available for purchase on March 12.
Synopsis: At the end of the first film, the powerful Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp) was captured by MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America), with the help of Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne). But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escaped custody and has set about gathering followers, most unsuspecting of his true agenda: to raise pure-blood wizards up to rule over all non-magical beings.
In an effort to thwart Grindelwald’s plans, Albus Dumbledore (Jude Law) enlists his former student Newt Scamander, who agrees to help, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead. Lines are drawn as love and loyalty are tested, even among the truest friends and family, in an increasingly divided wizarding world.
“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” is directed by David Yates, from a screenplay by J.K. Rowling. The film is produced by David Heyman, Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram. Tim Lewis, Neil Blair, Rick Senat and Danny Cohen serve as executive producers.
“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” reunites the behind-the-scenes creative team from the first “Fantastic Beasts” film, including Oscar-winning director of photography Philippe Rousselot (“A River Runs Through It”), three-time Oscar-winning production designer Stuart Craig (“The English Patient,” “Dangerous Liaisons,” “Gandhi,” the “Harry Potter” films), four-time Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood (“Chicago,” “Memoirs of a Geisha,” “Alice in Wonderland”) and Yates’ longtime editor Mark Day (the last four “Harry Potter” films). The music is by eight-time Oscar nominee James Newton Howard (“Defiance,” “Michael Clayton,” “The Hunger Games” films).
- EXTENDED CUT OF THE FILM (141 min).
- THEATRICAL CUT OF THE FILM (134 min).
- J.K. Rowling: A World Revealed
- Wizards on Screen, Fans in Real Life
- Distinctly Dumbledore
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: The Return to Hogwarts
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Newt’s Menagerie
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Credence, Nagini and the Circus Arcanus
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Paris and Place Cachée
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Ministere des Affaires Magiques
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Grindelwald’s Escape and the Ring of Fire
- Deleted Scenes
4K BLU-RAY TECHNICAL SPECS:
- DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- ENGLISH DOLBY ATMOS TRACK
- Subtitles: English, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Brazilian Portuguese, Canadian French