Two men from different worlds form an unexpected friendship in the incredibly moving film Green Book, coming to Digital February 19, 2019 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand March 5, 2019 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
With exceptional filmmaker lineage, Participant Media and DreamWorks Pictures’ Green Book is directed by Peter Farrelly (There’s Something About Mary, Shallow Hal), and stars 2019 Golden Globe® nominee Viggo Mortensen (The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Eastern Promises) and 2019 Golden Globe® winner Mahershala Ali (Moonlight, Hidden Figures) alongside Linda Cardellini (BrokebackMountain, The Founder). The critically acclaimed and “hugely entertaining” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone) Green Book is the winner of three 2019 Golden Globe® awards including Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Mahersala Ali and Best Screenplay.
Academy Award® nominee for his roles in Captain Fantastic and Eastern Promises, Viggo Mortensen, and Academy Award® winner for Moonlight, Mahershala Ali, star in Green Book, a film inspired by a true friendship that transcended race, class, and the 1962 Mason-Dixon line. When Tony Lip (Mortensen), a bouncer from an Italian-American neighborhood in the Bronx, is hired to drive Dr. Don Shirley (Ali), a world-class Black pianist, on a concert tour from Manhattan to the Deep South, they must rely on The Green Book to guide them to the few establishments that were then safe for African-Americans. Confronted with racism, danger as well as unexpected humanity and humor—they are forced to set aside differences to survive and thrive on the journey of a lifetime.
Filled with acclaimed performers, Green Book on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD includes three featurettes that will give viewers a behind-the-scenes look at how the actors and filmmakers brought the characters to film and the true story that inspired it.
4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™, DVD & DIGITAL BONUS FEATURES:
- Virtuoso Performances– Go behind the scenes with Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali as they discuss their characters and the lengths they went to accurately portray them.
- An Unforgettable Friendship – Cast and filmmakers discuss the friendship between Don Shirley and Tony Lip.
- Going Beyond the Green Book – Filmmakers and cast discuss the significance of The Green Book.
Green Book will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-rayTM, Blu-rayTM and Digital. The 4K Ultra HD disc will include the same bonus features as the Blu-rayTM version, all in stunning 4Kresolution.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.