Universal Pictures Home Entertainment has announced that it will release on 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray Christian Rivers’ film Mortal Engines (2018), starring Hugo Weaving, Stephen Lang, Robert Sheehan, Hera Hilmar, and Frankie Adams. The two releases will be available for purchase on March 12.
Synopsis: Thousands of years after civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event, humankind has adapted and a new way of living has evolved. Gigantic moving cities now roam the Earth, ruthlessly preying upon smaller traction towns. Tom Natsworthy (Robert Sheehan)—who hails from a Lower Tier of the great traction city of London—finds himself fighting for his own survival after he encounters the dangerous fugitive Hester Shaw (Hera Hilmar). Two opposites, whose paths should never have crossed, forge an unlikely alliance that is destined to change the course of the future.
Mortal Engines is the startling, new epic adventure directed by Oscar®-winning visual-effects artist Christian Rivers (King Kong). Joining Rivers are The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogies three-time Academy Award®-winning filmmakers Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, who have penned the screenplay. The Universal and MRC adaptation is from the award-winning book series by Philip Reeve, published in 2001 by Scholastic.
On board as producers are Zane Weiner (The Hobbit trilogy), Amanda Walker (The Hobbit trilogy) and Deborah Forte (Goosebumps), as well as Walsh and Jackson. Ken Kamins (The Hobbit trilogy) joins Boyens as executive producer. Universal will distribute the film worldwide.
- Audio Commentary by Director Christian Rivers
- Welcome to London – Featurette
- End of the Ancients – Featurette
- Character Series – Featurette
- In the Air – Featurette
- Film New Zealand – Featurette
4K BLU-RAY TECHNICAL SPECS:
- DOLBY VISION/HDR 10 PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
- AUDIO: ENGLISH DOLBY ATMOS TRACK / French Canadian Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 / Latin Spanish Dolby Digital Plus 7.1
- Optional English SDH, French Canadian, and Latin Spanish subtitles for the main feature